November 11, 2012

Lady Dior As Seen By (me)

No comments:
 

If it is true that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, it is also true that absolute beauty is hardly recognizable, I mean something universally accepted as such and without reservation.

Let me explain.

As much as I appreciate a fashion show as a whole, there are always a few looks that I wish I could change, call it arrogance or just human instinct, I think it is quite the same principle that occurs in football, when nobody feels completely satisfied with the choices of the coach.

   

All this was partly confirmed by an exhibition I saw during my brief stay in Milan, set up for little less than a month at the Triennale. On top a bag, the Lady Dior, which has marked an era and has contributed to build a status, on the background a dialogue between established artists who have recorded its popularity over the years and young emerging artists who gave it a modern and very personal interpretation.

Probably the maison Dior recognized the rectangular shape and the cannage stitching as elements able to perfectly convey the idea of extreme refinement and couture: now, among several other hands, the bag has become molten metal , rubber and iron curtain, unstructured in its explosion, trapped in the ice as well as freed from the grip of the rock.

Undoubtedly a good attempt to bring out diversity, in an unusual world such as the fashion one, in which adhere to certain trends is a very impending risk: to replicate is quite simple, to renew it's definitely not that simple, but in the end it is the only way that repays the effort.

*kisses*
Giulia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff